Mitacs Accelerate Internship Program
- This program provides graduate students and postdoctoral fellows the opportunity to apply their specialized expertise to business-related research challenges.
- The internship is open to all disciplines and all industry sectors: manufacturing, technical innovation, business processes, IT, social sciences, design, etc.
- Funding: $7,500 from Mitacs and $7,500 from the partner organization.
- Internships can be 4 months full-time or 6 months part-time.
- 30 to 50% of the intern’s time is spent on-site.
- For further information, visit https://www.mitacs.ca/en/programs/accelerate/program-details
Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE)
OCE brings industry and academia together to solve industry’s innovation challenges.
- The Collaboration Voucher Program connects eligible Ontario companies with research institutions to address challenges and improve productivity, performance and competitiveness.
- The Alberta-Ontario Innovation Program supports cross-provincial collaborations between industry and academia to solve key industry challenges in both provinces.
- The Connected Vehicle/Autonomous Vehicle (CVAV) Program brings businesses and academic institutions together to commercialize innovations in self-driving cars.
- The TalentEdge Program provides an opportunity for students and recent graduates across all disciplines to apply their skills and expertise to solve industry problems.
- The TalentEdge Internship Program enables current college and university students and recent graduates to work on collaborative industry-driven projects.
- The TalentEdge Fellowship Program enables Ontario-based PhD graduates and post-doctoral fellows (PDFs) to work on industry-driven research and development projects.
- The Explore Program supports unconventional and highly innovative research projects with the potential to strongly impact the drug discovery process.
See more at: Ontario Centres of Excellence
IRAP brings innovation and funding assistance to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that have 500 or less full-time employees and the objective to grow and generate profits through development and commercialization of innovative, technology-driven, new and improved products, services, or processes in Canada. Firms must be incorporated and not-for-profit.
- Technical and business advisory services
- Financial Assistance
- Networking and linkages
- Youth Employment Program (6- to 12-month Internships)
Program provides $20M in funding to SMEs to help them access business services or technical assistance at Canada’s learning institutions and publicly funded research organizations.
The goal is to bring bigger and better innovation to market faster!
Includes product optimization; process development, analysis in optimization; and specialized testing
Eligible business services:
- Market research
- Market strategy development
- Competitive analysis
- Business strategy development
For more information call 1-877-994-4727. BIAP is administered by the IRAP program.