Do you have what it takes to make it in Silicon Valley?
The University of Ottawa is pleased to invite students and faculty who have created startup ventures to participate in a competition that will result in up to five companies being selected for an exclusive trip to Silicon Valley in the spring. Each selected startup will receive $4,000 (CAD) in financial support for the trip.
- Introductions to uOttawa alumni who could provide feedback, validation and introductions
- A fertile environment for concept validation, distribution, funding, mentorship
- Connections to academic institutions and potential licensees or customers
- Engagement with startup accelerators such as US MAC
Consider applying if
- Your venture is incorporated or expected to be incorporated within the next 6 months
- Your idea has reached a development stage where it can be demonstrated and comprehensively described
- Your product or service has been validated by users and/or customers
- Your founding team is complete or nearly complete
- Your venture has attracted (or is in the process of attracting) experienced advisors
- You can confirm that the market opportunity for your venture is large and appropriate for risk capital (e.g., venture capital, angel)
- You could benefit from the Silicon Valley ecosystem
- Ventures must be founded and led by at least one student, Alumni or faculty member at the University of Ottawa
- Ventures may include non-uOttawa affiliated members
- Individuals cannot be named on multiple ventures applying for this competition
- Ventures need not have raised prior funding to apply
The information collected in this application is strictly confidential and will be used by the University of Ottawa and related selection committees to review your application.
December 11 2017, 11:59 p.m.
If you are unsure if you qualify, or if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.