Do you have what it takes to make it in Silicon Valley?
The University of Ottawa is pleased to invite students, alumni and faculty who have created startup ventures to participate in a competition that will result in up to five companies being selected for an exclusive trip to Silicon Valley the week of May 10th, 2020. Each selected startup will receive $4,000 (CAD) in financial support for the trip.
- Introductions to uOttawa alumni in the Valley who could provide feedback, validation and introductions
- A semi curated trip to the most fertile environment for concept validation, funding and mentorship.
- Connections to academic institutions and potential licensees or customers
- Engagement with startup accelerators and innovation organizations.
Consider applying if
- Your venture is incorporated or expected to be incorporated within the next 6 months
- Your idea has reached a development stage where it can be demonstrated and comprehensively described
- Your product or service has been validated by users and/or customers
- Your founding team is complete or nearly complete
- Your venture has attracted (or is in the process of attracting) experienced advisors
- You can gain tangible benefit from the rich startup ecosystem in San Francisco and Bay area – note the competition is designed to favor those who can best be helped in this ecosystem.
January 14 2020, 11:59pm
If you are unsure if you qualify, or if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Application Form and Eligibility Criteria
2020 applications are now closed!
Note: You must be available to deliver an elevator pitch on February 5th 2020 and if you are among the Top 5, be available to travel the week of May 10th 2020.