Do you have what it takes to make it in Silicon Valley?
The University of Ottawa is pleased to invite students, alumni and faculty who have created startup ventures to participate in a competition that will result in up to three companies being selected for an exclusive trip to Silicon Valley in May, 2022. Each selected startup will receive $4,000 (CAD) in financial support for the trip and benefit from a semi curated trip alongside our Telfer EMBA cohort.
- Introductions to uOttawa alumni in the Valley who could provide feedback, validation and introductions
- A semi curated trip to the most fertile environment for concept validation, funding and mentorship.
- Possible connections to academic institutions and potential licensees or customers
- Engagement with startup accelerators and innovation organizations.
Consider applying if
- Your venture is incorporated or expected to be incorporated within the next 6 months
- Your idea has reached a development stage where it can be demonstrated and comprehensively described
- Your product or service has been validated by users and/or customers
- Your founding team is complete or nearly complete
- Your venture has attracted (or is in the process of attracting) experienced advisors
- You can gain tangible benefit from the rich startup ecosystem in San Francisco and Bay area – note the competition is designed to favor those who can best be helped in this ecosystem.
December 12th 2021, 11:59pm – Registration form is coming soon
If you are unsure if you qualify, or if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Application Form and Eligibility Criteria
Registration form is coming soon
Note: You must be available to: meet with advisors in January 2022; deliver an elevator pitch on February 7th 2022; and, if you are chosen, be available to travel in May of 2022 alongside our EMBA cohort, exact dates tbc.