Objectives of the MHAAA
In December 2005, the MHAAA Executive Team held a strategic planning session where we reaffirmed our mission and work plan for this upcoming year.
Four specific objectives were identified:
- Promote collegiality and communication amongst the MHA Alumni graduates, students and staff;
- Provide advice, support and recommendations to the Faculty of the MHA Program;
- Promote and recognize students demonstrating excellence in health leadership;
- Create opportunities for professional development and for lifelong continuous learning.
- Meet fundraising commitments for the MHAAA/CHA Award of Excellence and the MHAAA/Jack Kitts Scholarship
- Provide advocacy and support for MHA program and School of Management via executives in residence, participation on advisory boards etc.
- Develop and commence formal meetings of our Toronto Chapter
- Produce a quarterly newsletter to improve communication amongst alumni and promote awareness of the MHAAA
- Build a chapter website to promote the association, newsletter, events and improve contact with Alumni
- Hold an Annual General Meeting to review activities and improve accountability
- Coordinate a major public event to improve awareness about the MHA Program
- Build a stronger partnership with CCHSE to co-promote activities, improve marketing efficiency and improve communication between the two organizations
- Improve our relationship with students through a mentoring program and graduation day activities.